Food Bank Donations to Date

Friday, June 24, 2011

How She Got 12 Bottles of Miracle Whip for 1 Dollar




Alpha Man LOVES Miracle Whip. He goes through about 1 22 ounce bottle a week if it is a week with a high sandwich-to-hot meal ratio. These things are really expensive and, of course, in my neverending search to provide him with everything he loves, I try to buy them. Buying the cheap stuff doesn't work though I have slipped it into his MW jar before and tricked him! When he reads this, he'll tell me that he wasn't fooled hahaha

This week, I started shopping at CVS. While I was browsing their ad, I noticed there was a deal that had Miracle Whip for $2.50. That was an OK deal, I guess. Then I noticed there was a $10 gas card if you bought $30 in select items and the MW was included. I started doing math in my head. 12 bottles would be $30, but there was a problem. CVS doesn't carry 12 of...well...anything, really.

This evening, we ran a bunch of unexpected errands. In a city the size of Birmingham, there is a CVS every few blocks. So, as we moseyed towards home, we stopped at CVS stores. Yep. I was whipping up miracles. At each store, I would buy a few bottles and use a $1 off coupon on each one. 12 bottles = $12 in coupons, thus my bill magically became $18 after coupon. Then, there was the matter of the gift card. As soon as I bought the 12th bottle, the register printed out a coupon for a free $10 gas card. I needed gas anyway, but instead of paying for it, I chose to pay for sandwich spread. After gift card, my bill was now $8, which is where the real magic begins. I have this rebate for $7 back when you buy $14 or more in condiments. I'll send it off tomorrow and, in 4-6 weeks, will get back 7 of the 8 bucks. I just couldn't resist the math on 12 bottles for 8.3 cents each.
And now we're stocked up for sandwich season.

And I would have never gotten to see what the little one calls "The Whipmobile"

No comments:

Post a Comment