Around here, someone (*cough*cough* Alpha Man!) likes to drink V8 juice. It's pretty expensive in my opinion and has some stuff in it that I don't think should be in food. This is the stuff they call "Natural Flavorings" which could really be anything, but is often MSG.
Instead, I make him my very own knockoff with a few simple ingredients from the kitchen.
I take these:
One can no sodium tomato paste
4 cans water
Mix well
1 teaspoon celery salt
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
pinch pepper
6 teaspoons sugar or splenda
3 shakes of worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon horseradish
Several shakes of hot sauce (optional)
I didn't have any garlic powder this time so I threw some in the grinder and powdered it, myself.
So you take all of the ingredients and mix them up (a whisk works best, trust me!) and they will look like this.
Chill and pour and you have a refreshing drink! I made a fancy umbrella for this one out of a cupcake liner and a piece of my hat.
So, there you have it. The can of tomato paste was 35 cents and there are just a few cents worth of other stuff in there. try it! You might find that it tastes a lot better than the stuff in the bottle.



No comments:
Post a Comment