We have a small store here, locally owned since the 50s, called Food Giant.
When we moved here, they doubled coupons on Monday only, up to 90 cents. They recently changed this to $1 which is absolutely phenomenal to a coupon shopper. Mondays in there are CRAZY! Everywhere you look, there are men and women with coupon binders and shopping carts full of groceries. Here is what I got today and I promise this will be my last coupon post for a few times or at least until the ads come out on Wednesday.
This is a picture of today's foodstuffs. I bought
3 1 pound bags of tilapia fillets (1.59 each)
1 package of split chicken breasts (1.97)
3 Diet Mt Dew
3 bricks of coffee (1.00 each)
3 assorted Hidden Valley Ranch dressings (1.00 each)
3 bottles of worcestershire sauce (2 free, one I paid $1.18 for so that I could use a $1 off meat coupon)
2 bags of sunflower seeds
3 small Sunny Delight (free)
1 head of cauliflower (.59)
2 cans of canned tomatoes (.08 each)
2 pounds of hot dogs
4 things of ravioli (free)
3 things of Tic Tac (free)
4 100 Grand bars (free) (which are already safely tucked away in my desk drawer where I will not tell the fam that they even exist and I will instead hoard them and relish them bite by incredibly tasty bite...
I spent $20.71 and the bill should have been about $6 less but when your coupon says "Buy 2 and save $1" and one is $1.19, the computers are set to only double up to the price of one because they don't do overage. However, I've been told that I can hand those over and they will double them manually so knowledge is power!
I will now take my receipt and use it with a rebate offer and get back $10.
My favorite deal? Probably the tilapia fillets. I love those things! I would fill up a freezer with them, but alas...they limit you to 3 like coupons per trip.
So, know your stores! We have a different store where I shop for almost all of our produce because they are LOTS cheaper than anywhere else and the veggies are fresher. They also do occasional tent sales and markdowns but they do not double coupons. One time, though, I did get a bunch of toilet paper there for free, on sale for $1 per pack and I used $1 coupons. It actually lasted us through Alpha Man's job change. I miss that toilet paper.
Next up? Saving money on boneless, skinless chicken breasts.

Nice grocery store hit with the coupons.
ReplyDeleteWe don't have any that sell that cheap in this area but I can double coupons up to .99 all week at Harris Teeter plus $10 off any $40 order.
Doesn't HT do an occasional triples sale? $10/40 is great!
ReplyDelete